So, I have to bring in the troops to support something that I think would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
This may seem like quite a random thing to be striving for - but I was inspired by someone really special, and I just couldn't avoid at least giving it a shot. I was inspired by my Grandad.
If someone asked me to describe my grandfather in one word, I would say, "kind". Now if they gave me a sentence, I would have to say, "He was a man that loved deeply, was loyal, kind, honorable, and inspired a family and a town to believe in love, in dreams coming true, and to fight for things you believe in."
You see, to me, he was my hero - or one of them, at least.
My grandfather passed away in May, and was laid to rest on his 65th wedding anniversary to my Grandmother - Grandmommy.
It was at the service honoring him, that I realized that he was a hero to many people . . . and for many different reasons.
To me he was the pillar of our family. He was a man that showed me that true love can exist, and that there is nothing more beautiful than seeing love in the eyes of two people who have spent a lifetime together. He showed me what a family is, and that there is nothing more important.
But, what I found so interesting and inspiring - was that I sat at his service surrounded by people whom some I knew - and many I did not . . . but he was a hero to all of us, and in so many different ways.
To some he was remembered as a wartime hero who fought in the second World War. To some he was remembered as a Hardware store owner who 'sold' a refrigerator to a woman in need of one - and then let her pay a quarter at a time over the years . . . just because "it was the right thing to do". Everyone there had their own story to tell - but we were all united by one. We all remembered him most as a kind and giving man.
As the service ended . . . I couldn't stop thinking that I wanted to hear more of these stories. I wanted to learn more about the other facets of the man that I knew as just my Grandad.
I thought . . . wouldn't it be great to hear these stories about all of the heroes in our lives. We should all share these stories . . . we should honor the people that have changed our lives, just with their kindness alone. And, we should tell these stories now - when they are able to realize the impact of their actions, and see the beauty of their influence.
Now fast forward . . .
I was faced with an opportunity to submit a video for a chance to host a show on the Oprah Winfrey Network. I know this is crazy . . . but what an amazing venue! An entire network dedicated to 'Living your Best Life'.
It was, as Oprah would say, a total "AH-HA MOMENT"!
This could be a chance to support a show that would honor these simple acts of kindness. It could be a voice to share these stories . . . to honor the people that have changed our lives, just with their simple kindness alone.
I'm sure we have all have heroes that have touched us with kindness - and this show could celebrate them. These stories could inspire us all to be a little bit more grateful, a little bit more kind . . . and realize the power that we all have to change a life, and together even change the world.
So - I did make a video . . . and I did post in online . . . but now I need your help! I just made the video on Wednesday, and uploaded it on Saturday night . . . but the deadline for voting is JULY 3rd!! Obviously I don't have much time to reign in the votes - so I need your help.
Pass this along . . . vote once or twice . . . and I do expect as many votes as y'all sent out for Lee on American Idol!!
Anyway, I know it's quite a L-O-N-G shot . . . but I think a show like this would be great, and I'd love to have your support.
So, VOTE NOW!!
http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=22113&promo_id=1
P.S. If you're having trouble with the link above - go to: www.oprah.com/own
Then, you'll want to follow the links for "Oprah's Search for the next TV Star: Your OWN Show" - you can "Browse + Vote" - just search my name, or the name of the show that I've pitched, "Catching Kindness".
Yay! Now I hope to see you all on the big screen!!
Until then . . . don't forget to spread a little kindness today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wonderful idea Lacey. I went and voted.....good luck!!
ReplyDelete